(HealthDay News) -- Babies that cry frequently for hours at a
time and are fussy for reasons you or your doctor can't explain may
While doctors don't know what causes colic, and there is no
known cure, the Nemours Foundation offers these suggestions to help
calm a colicky baby:
- Walk with baby, rock in a chair or try other positions to see
if any of them make baby happy.
- Burp baby frequently during feedings.
- Place baby across your lap, belly-down, and rub baby's
- Place baby in a swing or seat that vibrates, or put baby in an
infant carrier and go for a ride in the car.
- Play soothing music.
- Run the vacuum cleaner, hair dryer, clothes dryer or white
noise device to see if this calms your baby.
2011Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.