Health Tip: Manage Your Stress at Work
(HealthDay News) -- Job-related stress affects your work
performance and can spill over into your personal life. So,
learning how to manage stress at work can help you both at home and
on the job.
The Cleveland Clinic suggests how to manage stress at work:
- Keep a running, prioritized "to-do" list of tasks.
- Let your boss know if you feel overwhelmed.
- Don't blow a problem out of proportion.
- Leave work-related problems at the office -- don't bring them
- Schedule short breaks throughout the work day, particularly
when you start to feel stressed.
- Keep your desk organized and clear of clutter.
- Exercise regularly and get plenty of sleep.
- Reward yourself for a job well done.
- Recognize when it is time to look for a new job.
2011Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.