Health Tip: Help Prevent Respiratory
(HealthDay News) -- The lungs are delicate organs that are
sensitive to environmental factors such as germs and tobacco smoke,
the American Lung Association says.
Here are the ALA's suggestions to help prevent a respiratory
infection and keep the lungs working properly:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water, or use a hand
sanitizer if you don't have access to soap and water.
- Stay away from crowds during cold and flu season.
- Brush your teeth at least twice daily, and get a dental checkup
every six months to help keep germs in the mouth from causing
- Get a flu vaccine every year.
- Stay home and away from family members when you're sick.
2011Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.