(HealthDay News) -- Keeping a food diary can help you stick to a
healthy diet, develop healthy eating habits and monitor caloric
intake, which are important in maintaining a healthy weight.
The American Academy of Family Physicians offers these tips on
what to record in your food diary:
- Exactly what foods you ate -- don't forget to include any
condiments, sauces or other extras.
- The amount of food that you ate, in either size or volume.
- What time of day that you ate, and where you were when you
- What you were doing when you ate, and how you felt when you
- Whether you were alone or with someone else.
2011Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.