Health Tip: Parenting a Child With ADHD
(HealthDay News) -- Parents of children with attention deficit
hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) can help their children succeed at
home and at school.
The U.S. National Institute of Mental Health offers these
- Keep your child's everyday items -- such as clothing, toys and
backpack -- neatly organized.
- Create and maintain a consistent schedule each day for
homework, meals, bedtime and other activities.
- Use organizers to keep homework in order. Encourage your child
to write down all assignments, and to bring home all of the
- Offer rewards and praise when your child behaves well.
- Communicate all rules consistently and clearly.
2011Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.