Health Tip: Breast-Feeding Is Good for Moms,
(HealthDay News) -- Breast-feeding has been proven more
beneficial than formula for babies, but it also offers benefits for
The womenshealth.gov website says potential benefits of
- Less time and effort during feedings, and not having to
sterilize bottles or mix formula.
- Saving money from not having to buy formula.
- Opportunities for bonding and relaxing with the infant.
- Lower risk of health problems for the mother, including lower
risk of breast and ovarian cancers, type 2 diabetes and postpartum
- Fewer missed work days due to baby being sick less
2011Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.