Health Tip: Opt for a Healthy Weight-Loss Plan
(HealthDay News) -- Fad diets may promise drastic and quick loss
of weight, but may be dangerous and often fall short when it comes
to long-term weight loss.
The American Academy of Family Physicians offers these
suggestions for a selecting a healthy eating plan:
- Never skip meals, including breakfast.
- Eat a variety of nutritious foods, rather than sticking to just
a few foods.
- Restrict consumption of sugar, sodium, saturated fats and
- Avoid beverages that are high in calories.
- Limit portion sizes.
- Get plenty of regular exercise. Increase daily physical
activity in simple ways, such as by parking further from your
2011Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.