Health Tip: Get More Veggies Into Your Diet
(HealthDay News) -- Everyone knows it's important to eat a lot
of vegetables. But how can you eat more of these healthy foods
without upsetting your routine?
The American Dietetic Association offers these suggestions:
- Top your favorite pizza with zucchini, tomatoes, mushrooms,
spinach, green peppers or broccoli.
- Lunch on a whole-wheat wrap filled with roasted
- Instead of chips, dip crunchy veggies into some low-fat salad
- Throw some veggie kabobs on the grill.
- Top salads with extra veggies, such as carrots or grape
- Keep a stash of pre-cut veggies on hand for snacks and
2012Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.