Health Tip: Avoid Sugary Foods for Healthier
(HealthDay News) -- Eating lots of sugary foods and snacks can
lead to tooth decay.
The American Dental Association offers these suggestions to help
protect your pearly whites:
- Eat a healthy, balanced and nutritious diet.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- Limit snacks between meals, and make sure any snacks are low in
- Log what you eat in a food diary for a week, and take note of
hard candies and other sugary foods.
- Brush your teeth at least twice each day, and floss daily.
- See your dentist regularly.
2012Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.