Health Tip: Manage Pain During Childbirth
(HealthDay News) -- Pain is a virtual certainty during
childbirth, but there are ways to ease the discomfort without
The womenshealth.gov website mentions these no-medication
- Practicing relaxation and breathing techniques.
- Relaxing in a warm shower or bath, or getting a gentle
- Receiving hot and cold therapy, including placing a cool
washcloth on the forehead or a heating pad on the lower back.
- Seeking the care and support of a doula, nurse or loved
- Trying various positions to get more comfortable, from
crouching to walking.
- Listening to soothing music.
- Using a labor ball.
2012Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.