Health Tip: Calm a Canker Sore
(HealthDay News) -- Canker sores are ulcers that form inside the
mouth that can make eating and drinking painful.
The American Dental Association suggests how to help heal a
- Apply an over-the-counter topical anesthetic to numb the
- Use an antimicrobial mouth rinse.
- Avoid foods that may irritate the sore, especially anything
spicy, hot or acidic.
- See your dentist if the sore doesn't heal without treatment
after two weeks.
- Use an antibiotic and/or bandage as recommended by your
dentist, to help reduce the risk of infection.
2012Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.