Health Tip: Caring for Baby's Cradle Cap
(HealthDay News) -- Cradle cap causes red, scaly skin on baby's
scalp. It's very common and typically goes away over time.
The American Academy of Pediatrics offers these suggestions to
help soothe cradle cap:
- Wash baby's hair when needed with a gentle baby shampoo.
- Softly brush baby's scalp to help remove scales.
- If your pediatrician recommends so, use a medicated
- Use an ointment or petroleum jelly on the scalp, but avoid
using baby oil.
- Ask the pediatrician about using 1 percent hydrocortisone
- Watch for signs of yeast infection, including increased redness
2012Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.