Health Tip: Eat Healthier During the Holidays
(HealthDay News) -- Food is a big part of holiday gatherings,
but you can enjoy the holidays with all the trimmings without
necessarily gaining weight.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offers these
- If you have a big holiday party, eat breakfast and regular
meals throughout the day. That way, you won't be starving when it's
time to party.
- Eat lots of fruits, vegetables and high-fiber whole grains that
will make you feel full, without the extra calories.
- Eat in moderation, both healthy foods and indulgent
- Use a smaller plate, and first fill up on veggies before you
try entrees or dessert.
- Eat your food slowly, taking time to savor each bite. Take a
pause before heading for seconds, to be sure you're actually
- Take a walk after dinner.
2012Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.