Health Tip: If You Wake With Neck Pain
(HealthDay News) -- If you wake up most mornings with pain in
the neck, it may be time to evaluate your pillow.
The Harvard Medical School suggests how to improve your position
during sleep, and how to choose the right pillow:
- Opt for a soft down pillow, but be sure to replace about once
- Consider using a memory foam pillow that will mold to the shape
of your neck.
- Make sure your pillow isn't too high or too stiff.
- If your pillow is flat, use a higher pillow under your neck for
- Use a properly fitted horseshoe-shaped pillow if you're resting
in a car, train or plane.
2012Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.