Health Tip: Avoid the Winter Blues
(HealthDay News) -- You may develop a case of the winter blues
as the weather gets colder and the days become shorter.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offers this advice to
help battle the winter blues:
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of fluids, especially
- Hone in on a hobby, such as making your own crafts or reading
- Take up a new winter sport, such as skiing or ice skating.
- Cut back on dietary portion sizes, and add more fruits and
vegetables to your menu.
- Adjust your sleep schedule -- go to sleep earlier and wake
earlier in the morning.
2013Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.