Health Tip: Stay Fit When Traveling
(HealthDay News) -- Traveling can make sticking to your usual
exercise routine a challenge, but there are plenty of ways to get
in exercise while you're on the road.
The American Council on Exercise lists these suggestions for
exercising while traveling:
- Instead of your usual stair-climbing machine, look for tall
buildings or stadiums where you can climb the stairs.
- Walk through the new city and explore; look for a hiking trail
or a local park.
- Try to walk to more of your destinations rather than driving or
taking a cab.
- Find out if your hotel has a fitness center or pool and pack
your workout or swim clothes.
- Ask about a local gym where you can get a short-term pass or
pack simple workout equipment like a jump rope or an exercise
- Try exercising in your hotel room by doing activities that
don't require equipment, such as push-ups and crunches.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.