Health Tip: Pack a Bike-Friendly Snack
(HealthDay News) -- Planning a long-distance bike ride? You
should pack a nutritious snack to help sustain your energy as you
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics mentions these
bike-friendly snacks that will give your muscles the nutrients they
- Bananas, which are a good source of potassium and
- Peanut butter and jelly (or honey) sandwich on a tortilla. Swap
peanut butter for almond butter or sunflower butter if you have a
- Trail mix packed with nuts and dried fruits, such as raisins,
apricots and prunes. Opt for salted nuts if you tend to sweat
- An energy bar packed with nuts, dried fruits and whole
- Don't forget bottled water or a sports drink.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.