Health Tip: Getting the Most From Fresh Garden Herbs
(HealthDay News) -- Home-grown herbs can spice up your cooking
with plenty of health benefits.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offers these herb care
- Just before using, wash herbs and gently pat dry with a paper
- Toss any leaves that are damaged.
- Use stems of herbs that are soft and pliable to add
- Pick herbs just before they bloom, when flavor is at its
- For more flavor, add herbs toward the end of cooking time to
hot dishes. Add herbs hours before eating to cold dishes that don't
- Chop fresh herbs into fine pieces to release more flavor and
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.