Health Tip: Considering an Oral Piercing?
(HealthDay News) -- Before you agree to an oral piercing,
experts say you should consider some of the possible health
The American Dental Association's Mouthhealthy.org website warns
against these potential risks of an oral piercing:
- Swelling, pain and infection.
- Cracked or scratched teeth, injury to the gums or damaged
- Sensitivity to the metals used in piercings.
- Damage to nearby nerves.
- An increase in saliva production, which can lead to
- Difficulty getting dental X-rays.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.