Health Tip: Opt for Healthier Fast Food
(HealthDay News) -- As teens grow more independent, they need to
make healthier food choices without depending on advice from mom
and dad ... even at a fast-food restaurant.
The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests:
- Instead of a fried chicken sandwich, opt for a chicken
- Instead of a super-sized burger with high-fat toppings, opt for
a lean burger.
- In lieu of fries, select a baked potato.
- Instead of ice cream, choose nonfat frozen yogurt topped with
- Order a salad and choose low-fat dressing.
- Ask for water, skipping a milkshake or soda.
2013Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.