Walk With A Doc
Sure, you can sit and surf the web for medical information. But what if you could obtain trusted information from a real, live doctor - and get some exercise at the same time?
You can! Hartford HealthCare's Walk with a Doc is a free program, open to the public, in which Hartford HealthCare physicians lead monthly walks throughout central Connecticut (April through September) and share tips and information on a wide variety of health topics. Everyone is welcome!
Once a month (April through September), at parks and other areas throughout Central Connecticut.
What To Expect
8:30 am: Registration
9:00 am: 10 minutes of health tips followed by 30-minute walk; held rain or shine.
Saturday, April 20: Norton Park, Plainville
Stroke Symptoms & Treatment: Timothy Parsons, M.D., Neurologist
Join us for one or all walks and, you'll receive a free Walk with a Doc hat and pedometer.
Walk With A Doc FAQs
- Who's leading the walks?
- Hartford HealthCare System affiliate physicians. These include doctors from Hartford Hospital, Hartford Medical Group, MidState Medical Center and The Hospital of Central Connecticut. (See schedule). Topics cover a variety of specialties and past walks have included internal medicine, cardiology, diabetes treatment and orthopedics.
- What do the walks entail?
- Each walk will begin with a 10-minute talk by a physician, then a 30-minute walk. During the walk, you'll have opportunities to ask questions and talk with the physician.
- When and where are walks held?
- Once a month (April through September), at parks and other areas throughout Central Connecticut and Greater Hartford. In case of inclement weather, you can get walk status update by calling 1-877-914-WALK.
- What do I need to do?
- Register for the walk and complete online waiver. With the waiver, a parent or legal guardian's consent is required if the participant is under 18 years of age. For more information, please call 1-877-914-WALK.
Please see the Hartford Healthcare website for information on additional walks.
More About the Walk with a Doc Program
Just Walk, a Walk with a Doc program, is based in Ohio, and includes hospitals throughout the U.S. and Canada. In 2010, The Hospital of Central Connecticut was the first hospital in New England to start a Walk with a Doc program. That program has grown and this year includes other Hartford HealthCare System entities.
The program's mission is to encourage healthy physical activity in people of all ages, and reverse the consequences of a sedentary lifestyle to improve the health and well-being of the country.
Learn more about Walk with a Doc.